1. What should come in the place of (?) in the given series?
ACE, FGH, ?, PON
2. Typist : Typewriter : : Writer: ?
3. Paint: Artist : : Wood: ?
4. acme : mace :: alga: ?
5. EIGHTY : GIEYTH : : OUTPUT:?
6. ‘Medicine’ is related to ‘Patient’ in the same way as ‘Education’ is
7. Fill in the missing letter in the following series—
S, V, Y, B, ?
8. What should come in the place of question mark in the following series?
3, 8, 6, 14, ?, 20
9. Select the correct option in place of the question mark.
AOP, CQR, EST, GUV, ?
10. What should come in the place of question mark in the following series?
1, 4, 9, 25, 36, ?
Directions—(Q. 11 to 14): Select the one which is different from the
11. (A) Bokaro
12. (A) January
13. (A) Bible
14. (A) Star
Directions—(Q. 15 to 17): based on alphabets.
15. If the sequence of the alphabets is reversed which of the following
would be the 14th letter from your left?
(D) None of these
16. Which letter is the 8th letter to the right of the letter, which is
12th from the left?
17. Which letter is the 8th letter to the right of the letter which is
10th to the left of the last but one letter from the right?
Directions—(Q. 18 to 23) Three of the following four are alike in a
certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong
to that group?
18. (A) Green
19. (A) Rabbit
20. (A) Polo
21. (A) Sun
22. (A) Cheese
23. (A) Carrot
24. In a certain code ‘CONTRIBUTOR’ is written as ‘RTNOCIROTUB’. How is
‘prohibition’ written in that code?
25. If ‘CAT’ and ‘BOAT’ are written as XZG and ‘YLZG’ respectively in a
code language how is ‘EGG’ to be written in the same language?
26. In a code language SINGER is written as AIBCED then GINGER will be
written in the same code as—
27. If BAT is coded as 283, CAT is coded as 383 and ARE is coded as 801,
then the code for BETTER is—
28. If water is called black, black is called tree, tree is called blue,
blue is called rain, rain is called pink and pink is called fish in a
certain language then what is the colour of sky called in that language?
29. A man walks 3 km northwards and then turns left and goes 2 km. He
again turns left and goes 3 km. He turns right and walks straight. In
which direction he is walking now?
30. One morning after sunrise Vikram and Shailesh were standing in a
lawn with their back towards each other. Vikram’s shadow fell exactly
towards left-hand side. Which direction Shailesh was facing?
31. Nageena is taller than Pushpa but not as tall as Manish. Rama is
taller than Namita but not as tall as Pushpa. Who among them is the tallest?
32. In an examination Raj got more marks than Moti but not as many as
Meena. Meena got more marks than Ganesh and Rupali. Ganesh got less
marks than Moti but his marks are not the lowest in the group. Who is
second in the descending order of marks?
(D) None of these
33. Pointing to a photograph of a girl, Rajan said “She has no sister or
daughter but her mother is the only daughter of my mother.” How is the
girl in the photograph related with Rajan’s mother?
(A) Sister in law
(B) Grand daughter
(C) Daughter in law
(D) None of these
34. If Amit’ s father is Billoo’ s father’s only son and Billoo has
neither a brother nor a daughter. What is the relationship between Amit
35. An application was received by inward clerk in the afternoon of a
weekday. Next day he forwarded it to the table of the senior clerk, who
was on leave that day. The senior clerk next day evening put up the
application to the desk officer. Desk officer studied the application
and disposed off the matter on the same day, i.e., Friday. Which day the
application was received by the inward clerk?
(B) Earlier week’s Saturday
36. Flight to Mumbai leaves every 5 hours. At the information counter I
learnt that the flight took off 25 minutes before. If the time now is 10
: 45 a.m., what is the time for the next flight?
(A) 2 : 20 a.m.
(B) 3 : 30 a.m.
(C) 3 : 55 p.m.
(D) 3 : 20 p.m.
37. Babloo ranked 16th from the top and 29th from the bottom among those
who passed an examination. 6 boys did not participate in the competition
and 5 failed in the examination. How many boys were there in the class?
38. Indra is 7th from the left and Jaya is 5th from the right. When they
interchange their position Jaya becomes 19th from the right. What is
Indra’s position from the left?
39. How many 5’s are in the following sequence of numbers which are
immediately preceded by 7?
8 9 5 3 2 5 3 8 5 5 6 8 7 3 3 5 7 7 5 3 6 5 3 3 5 7 3 8
40. How many 8’s are there in the following sequence which are
immediately preceded by 6 but not immediately followed by 5?
6 8 5 7 8 5 4 3 6 8 1 9 8 5 4 6 8 2 9 6 8 1 3 6 8 5 3 6
41. If EARTHQUAKE is coded as MOGPENJOSM then EQUATE will be coded as—
42. If COUNTRY is coded in certain way as EMWLVPA, ELECTORATE will be coded
in the same manner as—
43. ‘Air’ is to ‘Bird’ as ‘Water’ is to ……..
44. ‘Pencil’ is to ‘Write’ as ‘Knife’ is to ………
45. Mohan is 18th from either end of a row of boys ? How many boys are
there in that row?
46. In a class of 60 where boys are twice that of girls, Ramya ranked
17th from the top. If there are 9 boys ahead of Ramya, how many girls
are after her in the rank?
47. ‘Soldier’ is related to ‘Army’ in the same way as ‘Pupil’ is related
48. ‘Kilogram’ is related to ‘Quintal’ in the same way as ‘Paisa’ is
49. ‘Stammering’ is to ‘Speech’ as Deafness is to …………
50. ‘Guilt’ is to ‘Past’ as ‘Hope’ is to …………