General Awareness1. Why two thin shirts can keep us warmer than a single thick shirt in winter?
(A) Two thin shirts become thicker so prevent transmission of heat
(B) Air layer between two shirts works as good conductor
(C) Air layer between two shirts behaves like insulating media
(D) No radiation of heat takes place
2. Which layer of the earth's atmosphere reflect back the radio waves to the earth's surface ?
3. Sound can not pass through-
4. Water is not effective in extinguishing a fire caused by petrol because
(A) the flame is too hot for water to cool it down
(B) water and petrol react chemically
(C) water and petrol are miscible with each other
(D) water and petrol are immiscible with each other and petrol which forms the upper layer continues to burn
5. The gas used in artificial ripening of fruits is
6. Ruby and sapphire are oxides of
7. In the 53rd National Film Awards, the award for "Best Feature Film" has gone for
(A) Kaalpurush-Memories in the mist
(B) Rang De Basanti
8. Which of the following pairs is incorrect ?
(A) Amirkhusro -- Sarod
(B) Bhim Sen Joshi -- Vocal music
(C) Utpal Dutt -- Films
(D) Shambhu Maharaj -- Kathak
9. In a photocell light energy is converted into
(A) Potential energy
(B) Chemical energy
(C) Heat Energy
(D) Electrical enrgy
10. The world's largest biofuel plant with production capacity of 110 million litres of fuel annually has been set up in
11. Which of the following Universities is a Central University ?
12. According to WHO, the bird flu virus cannot be transmitted through food cooked beyond
(A) 60 degree celsius
(B) 70 degree celsius
(C) 90 degree celsius
(D) 100 degree celsius
13. The science of map-making is
14. Who is known as the father of India missile technology ?
(A) Dr. U.R.Rao
(B) Dr. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam
(C) Dr. Chidambaram
(D) Dr. Homi Bhabha
15. Which of the following cities / towns lies to the northern most latitude ?
16. Who is the author of "A River Sutra" ?
(B) Nirad C.Choudhuri
(C) Gita Mehta
(D) Vikram Seth
17. Where was Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Summit, 2007 held ?
(A) New Delhi
(B) New York
18. The capital of IMF made up by contribution of the
(B) Deficit financing
(C) Member nations
19. Where is the National Academy of Agricultural Research Mangament located ?
(C) New Delhi
20. Which kind of power accounts for the largest share of power generation in India ?
21. Age of a candidate to contest parliamentary election should not be lesser than
(A) 18 years
(B) 21 years
(C) 25 years
(D) 26 years
22. Who develops the idea that "means justify the ends"?
(B) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(C) Swami Dayanand Saraswati
(D) Mahatma Gandhi
23. wHO said that 'the real seat of taste is not the tongue , but the mind'?
(A) Aurobindo Ghosh
(B) Mahatma Gandhi
(C) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(D) Swami Vivekananda
24. Provincial autonomy aws one of the important features of the Act of
25. Name the clan Buddha belongs to